Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I was driving the Gxwhen I started sensing something strange

hello, I was driving the...
hello, I was driving the Gx(###) ###-####when I started sensing something strange in the brake pedal. while in less than a min the pedal went flat, the ABS light came on. I almost ran into the vehicle infront of me while this loud noise persisted.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: other lights like the off road light too is on and also the lights showing the 4 wheels came up a few times
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 06/10
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its presently at a garrage and they are clueless having chechked all fuses and repeatedly used the Launch Diag machine to clear some of the codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: am in Africa, Nigeria
10/16/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

hi,

Ok, when you say it went flat, do you mean that the pedal went to the floor, or that it was hard as a rock and would not push down?

Was the noise a hissing like air escaping?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I meant when I applied the brakes the pedal went kinda soft and the vehicle did not stop, until I disengaged the gear and I had to Match the pedal down completely
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the continuous beep sound always came on when the ignition is on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
While upon diagnosis it read C 1256
And C 1281

HI,

Ok, based upon symptoms and the fault codes, the ABS accumulator will need to be replaced.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Eric, thanks for staying on my case. My fears are should I change the Abs Accumulator, then any other components in the whole system does not make it whole like b4
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would the beeping sound stop when the Abs Accumulator is changed..

Yes, replacing the accumulator will resolve the beeping and will restore the brakes to their full operation and resolve the issue of the failure you had with them

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric,
Do I order for the Accumulator O Ring while changing the Accumulator.I would surely do your rating as soon as I sort this out. I need to order for the replacement parts.Thanks. I do appreciate your help thus farRegards

Yes, order a new oring and replace while replacing the accumulator as you never want to reuse it

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric,Can I possibly change the Abs Accumulator myself.

HI,

Depends upon your skill level. With moderate skill level and tools, you can replace it yourself. The only thing you will need to have a shop do is the yaw rate calibration with scan tool afterwards

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Eric,
Am very impressed. You have restored hope. Would keep u posted as soon as I take delivery of replacement parts.

always happy to help.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager