Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

2015 highlander radio problem radio part number p10431 radio

2015 highlander radio problem radio part...
2015 highlander radio problem
radio part number p10431
radio will not boot up ,it will be stuck on a toyota logo
back up camera works
hard reset was done by connecting the battery (problem still )
10/16/2017
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have a dealer check the programming/software in it to see if it needs updated.There were several models that needed updated software to resolve this fault here.The software can become corrupted causing this issue.

If this does not resolve the issue then it needs replaced as a complete assembly unfortunately.If your radio ID number is ***** then the part number is ***** is an expensive replacement usually over $2500 to have replaced and programmed.Below is a link to a web site that has this radio unit.

https://toyotaparts.toyotaofclermont.com/p/Toyota_2015_Highlander/Radio-Radio-Control-Unit-ID-10431/53009616/861400E051.html

You can get it used here for about $800

https://www.partsmarket.com/partnumber/861400E051/54178964

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i'm a professional shop
can it be updated by techinfo.toyota.com ?
using a pass thru device ?

Yes it can.You would need the Techstream lite kit as well as the professional diagnostic software package or the security professional package,not the standard package.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Pete, Technician