Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a lexus lx 450d ithe rear left turn light was

Customer Question
hello JA: Hi. How can I...
hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a lexus lx 450d ithe rear left turn light was replaced but it is not working does it need coding
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes i do i have techstream
JA: What year is your LX?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have scanned the whole system and there are no errors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the old light is working but the lense id broken so its not a wiring issue
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Lexus
10/16/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Are you saying the old light works properly but has a broken lense but the new light assembly when plugged in does not work at all?

Is it a new replacement or a used?

Have you checked the bulbs in the new light assembly?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does it require any coding

No ,no coding is required that I see.It should be a simple plug and play.If the bulbs are all good in the light assembly then I suspect the new light assembly is faulty needing replaced.I have seen where a new light assembly can be faulty out of the package causing this issue here with it needing replaced.I would speak with the facility it was purchased from to see if you can parts warranty it for a replacement at no cost to you to replace it with.But I see no coding or programming needed when this light assembly is replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician