Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 2010 350 RX. Shortly after purchase with no

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 350 RX. Shortly after purchase with no warranty the left front bumper came loose at the top. The dealership glued it back in place with it lasting less than 2 weeks. Bumper has not been damaged or wrecked or received any frontal force for the bumper to dislodge. Dealership said that if glue/cement did not hold, it would have to go back to Lexus or to body shop. Please advise estimated cost to repair. I do not think the entire bumper should have to be replaced to remedy this situation.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealership applied glue/cement within last two weeks - did not hold

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
10/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin can i have vin so i can pull up info on your vehicle

I don't have that information with me. Can you give a general reply. Thank you.

In most cases the bumpar is one part that slots into a retainer .if the bumper is having to be glued together its highly likely that its only abaliable as one item meaning that it is very likely that if glue doesnt hold that the only real fix would be replacement of bumper .

Okay, I did find the VIN - 2T2ZK1BAAC003246. Also, under the front tire wells [both sides] there are 2 screws/bolts that look like they attached to the underside of the bumper. I have looked at other Lexus 350s and have not see these so my opinion is that the bolts/screws were used to fix the bumper at some point in time. It would seem to me that the rubber piece behind the bumper could simply be replaced so that the upper part of the bumper rests on the cut out piece for stability. If the bumper has to be replaced what would the estimated cost be for a Lexus dealership vs. a body shop? Thank you.
Why couldn't the driver side retainer simply be replaced???

Ok there are two parts holding bumper on at the sides the bumper itseld slides in and it clipped to a retainer .the retainer is avaliable seperatly for around $40 the bumper itself is around$450 but would need painting as they only come primed .so if the bumper was needed this will likely run to around $850 .the arch liner should have no visible bolts its all held together with plastic pop rivets .without seeing it its difficult to be sure which parts you need .you could upload sone pics ? I would recommend a body shop over a dealer as they will be significantly more expensive

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all