Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I tried to start car but have a little car insignia with a…

Customer Question
I tried to start car...
I tried to start car but have a little car insignia with a key blinking on the dash on left side.The model is a GS .The car will not start and am running out of ideas.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
10/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have the vehicle identification number available? Do you have any other keys to try? When you insert the key into the ignition lock cylinder you're telling me that the security light continues to flash? When you turn the key to the start position the engine continues to crank it just want to fire up correct? Is the flash a steady pattern or does it seem to flash a code or series of codes two digit?

I am so sorry sir,but Fri I get my wife out of the hospital and I will try to get you a vehicle ID number,the car will not turn over at all and you can here a clicking noise when the key insignia is blinking within the car insignia.

Back to me when you can once things settle down. Make sure the battery is fully charged if you are getting a clicking noise is at a rapid clicking noise and the instrument panel lights flicker in unison with the noise?