Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Just got a 2008 gx 470 and the vsc and differential lock is…

Customer Question
Just got a 2008...

Just got a 2008 gx 470 and the vsc and differential lock is stuck on almost like the button is stuck?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?

88K and just got yesterday and drove great, no lights on or anything. Almost like I might have accidentally pushed a button or something?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried pushing the differential button and doesn't do anything? Tried nuetral and driving in reverse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also have hooked up an OBD2 to it and got 20 codes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
10/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 10 months ago
mike switzer

pkay well 20 codes is a lot we will need to find codes that have to do with the abs system or traction control... have you verified the differential is in fact locked or is the light just on?

It is definitely stuck and can buy how it's driving but no codes shown up for abs, or the power drivetrain. I had 4 lexus's before and have fixed fuel pumps, power steering , starters, u name I've been able to figure it out and fix it, but this is my first suv 4wd lexus and have tried everything??? I've read that sometimes when the 4th isn't used alot it could get stuck, could it b a cylinoid? I know how lexus everything is connected electronically , I have Checked the fuses. I'm attaching a list of codes. And totally desperate for your advice or suggestion or knowledge other than taking to a mechanic bc I just paid a pretty penny for this ride, for my wife for her birthday
Lexus Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 10 months ago

based on those codes you have a transmission issue. are those all current or do they show as history?

It's says there are no current or historic dtc's they are all readiness dtc's