Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I have a 04 Lexus ES330. Just got the code for a misfire on…

Customer Question
I have a 04...

I have a 04 Lexus ES330. Just got the code for a misfire on cylinder 2 (PO302) I can feel the misfire during idle, transmission engaged and excelleration up to about 2000-2500 RPMs. Is cylinder 2 in the back, next to the fire wall? And will plugs & wires help the situation. I'm scheduled for a tune up, but I don't want to walk in blind.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

This weekend was the first I've seen that code. Hasn't stalled. Idles rough, but steady

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?

Es330

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't attempted this vehicle. Give me a carb and v8 and I'm good, but the computerstuff has be leery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I scheduled a tune-up, but I want to know if the I should just ask for the plugs & wires... It has 195,000 miles and I've had oil changes done regularly since I've owned it about 10,000miles. It's been reliable thus far.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
10/3/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

# 2 cylinder is in the Front of the vehicle

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE FIRING ORDER AND CYLINDER LOCATION

2,4,6 IN THE Front OF THE VEHICLE AND 1, 3, 5, IS CLOSE TO THE FIRE WALL

and yes at 195 miles, Most likely needs plugs and Coil wires ( on this one they individual coils on top each cylinder ) not traditional wires like older models

Click on link to also view the coils

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat