Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I just had work done on my breaks and now my dash says check…

Customer Question
I just had work...

I just had work done on my breaks and now my dash says check vsc the traction, abs light are on as well as an exclamation mark. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I have not gone to auto zone to get the computer read yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I have not if there was a blown fuse wouldnt there be nothing on the dash?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2006 gs300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just noticed it this morning if it is simple enough i would like to do it myself. I didnt do the brakes myself i went to a tire shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

One of my wheel assemblies was replaced in adition to the break job but thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/30/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 10 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. More often than not, when we see the ABS/TRAC/VSC lights on, AFTER brake work has been performed, we usually find one fo the following things: 1) Damage to the wheel speed sensor or the wire that connects the sensor to the vehicle wire harness. 2) damage to the unit that the sensor "reads" (commonly occurs if someone beat the front brake rotors off with a hammer). 3) a combination of 1 and 2. A vehicle scan, with a compatible scanner (that can read ABS codes) is your next step in identifying this issue. Most likely, the results will indicate either 1 or 2 listed above. Once you have the diagnostic trouble code results form the scan, the step after that would be to identify the location of the problem and rectify what has happened to cause the issue. If you have any questions, please reply. I trust my input is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. If you do not have any questions a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Of course thank you for your help any idea if thats an easy fix? If not how much would that cost to take to a shop?

If the unit that the sensor 'reads' is damaged, that could require the replacement of the hub. This is not an easy fix without a hoist and tools. If the sensor wire is cut, smashed or otherwise damaged, it will need to be replaced. Not a hard fix but if the sensor is broken whilst extracting it, a piece could fall into the hub. That would be bad. The first option could run around 500 dollars or so, the second possibility might be around 200 or so. hard to say for sure without the codes.

I would take this vehicle back to the tire shop and ask them to fix it for you as they probably caused the problem.