Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Both the Avalon and Lexus are Toyota products. Are the

Customer Question
maintenance costs significantly higher for...
Both the Avalon and Lexus are Toyota products. Are the maintenance costs significantly higher for a Lexus compared to the Avalon?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/26/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

A a rule the average cost to maintain a Lexus on a yearly bases runs $514 and the average maintenance cost on a yearly bases for the Avalon runs right at $388. Usually this is due to the labor rates that Lexus charges are slightly higher the Toyota, These price are based on the average cost on normal maintenance in a years time as well. Maintenance costs vary depending on age, mileage, location and service provider as well.

Impressive response. Would u know average cost (labor & parts) for replacing a timing belt or chain on the Avalon & Lexus?
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago

What size engines do both have?

Please compare the typical Avalon engine with similar size Lexus engine. Thank you.

Both the 2007 Avalon and the 2007 Lexus GS 430 use the 3.5 engine is that the one your considering? They are the same engines as well.

The horse power rating for the 3.5 is 268 @ 6200 and torques rating is 248 @ 4700 . The 3.5 in the GS 430 horse power rating is 290 hp @ 5600 rpm and the torque ratings are 319 ft-lbs. @ 3400 rpm. Both engine are the same basic engine but Lexus has different tuning resulting on more horse power.