Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

2001 gs 300 with P430 and P440 codes. P430 and P440 and I…

Customer Question
2001 gs 300 with...

2001 gs 300 with P430 and P440 codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P430 and P440 and I have reset twice

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wiat one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Induction cleaning system service, engine restoration service and oil change

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/25/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The common cause for the code P0430 to set in most cases is caused by a failing Bank 2 Catalytic Converter and in most cases replacing the converter will solve this code.

The code P0440 is an EVAP system leak detected code and the common cause for this one to set is a loose and or leaking gas cap. If your sure the cap is tight and not leaking then to determine where the leak is you are going to need to have a smoke test performed on your EVAP system. Start first with checking the gas cap and let me know what you find and we can work from there if need be.