Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Steering wheel is locked and break won't push in to start. I…

Customer Question
Steering wheel is locked...

Steering wheel is locked and break won't push in to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

I haven't inserted the key, it's detected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2011 is250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got in it, so just jiggling the wheel, that indicator light is on as well as the battery light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it for now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/23/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you verified the battery is good and holds good under a load?