Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My Lexus just started leaking oil. There are no holes in the…

Customer Question
My Lexus just started...

My Lexus just started leaking oil. There are no holes in the lines could be a line came lose somehow?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

There is a line that looks to be leaking maybe an oil line that feeds the top of head of motor that is in a plastic housing maybe a 1/2" line

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008 350x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we are going to look for someone for repairs. So far just put oil in it because it was a quart low to find the leak. Had to take plastic cover off top of motor and started it and figured out where it was leaking from

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Never have had any trouble with this other regular maintenance oil changes has 124,000 miles on it and we get the oil changed every 2000-3000 miles since we purchased.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/22/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by,

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you have a way to take a picture of the hose you are talking about?

we do but right at this moment it is dark out and it is on the left hand side of the motor and not sure it would even show anything
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

What kind of lexus do you have?

on left side of motor looking at the motor its an oil line toward back of motor and it looks to feed down to the top of the engine block in behind the fan belt
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

What model is your vehicle?

2008 lexus 350rx
No this picture looks like the bottom of the motor the one we are looking at is on the top
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

It is the top side of the engine in passenger side. I have attached another illustration

first picture- it is the small line to the right of the motor mount
would a dealer have this replacement line and what has to come lose in order to repair this
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Thie part is available from lexus. To replace this hose the upper motor mount and timing cover will need to be removed and wiring harness will need to be moved to a side .

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 10 months ago

Hello, just checking if any updates?