Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Change battery in my 2o14 Lexus know the doors won't unlock.

Customer Question
Change battery in my...

Change battery in my 2o14 Lexus know the doors won't unlock

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2014 Lexus Gs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can't get in the keyless remote don't open the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Thanks just need help understanding what happen

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 11 months ago
Matt Haas
You should just have to re-program your key fob. Hold on, I'll type up the procedure.
Lexus Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 11 months ago
Actually, for the 2014 model year, you need techsteam software to program the fob. If you have a laptop, you can buy the software and obd2 cable to do it yourself. Otherwise a dealer will charge an arm and a leg. You can try putting a new battery in the fob. But if the battery was disconnected front the vehicle for more than a couple minutes, I'm sure the programming is the issue.
ARE U TALKING ABOUT THE KEY PAD IT SELF
Lexus Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 11 months ago
The keyless remote
Can I get in the car with the key itself
Lexus Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 11 months ago
You should be able to separate the key from the fob and get in