Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

It appeared battery was dead, on charger now. Lights on dash…

Customer Question
It appeared battery was...

It appeared battery was dead, on charger now. Lights on dash are blinking can't get it to stop so we can charge it. Third time in a month with new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Which fuses should i check? Engine clicks but no start. Looks like everything works.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, toyota -- noLexus dealer in town

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm frustrated : )

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/19/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you need to disconnect the battery cables in order to fully charge it. Once it is charged, then connect the positive battery cable first and then the negative cable.

If the security light still blinks or the alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery, do the following - lock the doors by the driver side door lock switch, shut the door and then unlock the door using the regular key, not the remote.

With the battery going dead 3 times in a month with a new battery, the charging system will need to be tested and if ok, then a parasitic draw is occurring which means something is drawing power with engine off. This will need to be tested to find the circuit the draw is on.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager