Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Code 430 innef. cat bank 2, give me a moment ill hook up the…

Customer Question
Code 430 innef. cat...

Code 430 innef. cat bank 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Give me a moment ill hook up the scan tool and let you know

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 430?

It's a 2004 gx470 Lexus the codes are p0430 and b2799

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be fixing it myself and this just came up this am.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I have a body shop and this is my personal car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/18/2017
Lexus Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 11 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

thats a catylitic converter code have you had them checked for blocake or restriction

Thanks John I do know that p0430 is the cat but it also can indicate o2 sensors what about the b2799?

99 percent of the time its converter ..but if your scan tool will monitor live sensor data you can confir its 02 or cat... real world its the cat more often then not..

DTC B2799 ENGINE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM MALFUNCTION

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

DTC Detection Condition

This DTC is output when the ECM detects errors in the communication between the transponder key ECU assy and the ECM, or in the communication lines.

This DTC is also output when an engine start is attempted while the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU assy and the ECM are different.

Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure that there is no DTC detected in the transponder key ECU. If there is key code-related DTC detected in the transponder key ECU assy, repair it first.

Wiring Diagram

Step 1 - 2

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S