Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

My driver's side front and back passenger locks are no

Customer Question
My driver's side front...

My driver's side front and back passenger locks are no longer working when I hit the key button or the lock button on my wife's 2002 rx300. I must manually lock them both before I can lock the car and set the alarm. The front passenger windo also rolls down, but will not always roll-up. I have to continually pull the window button up until it finally does go up. I must hold it until it goes all the way to the top. I suspected that the window was electronic rather than mechanical, but now the two locks are not working. I have now paid $1500 to have the passenger window, only to have it still not work after a year. Before attempting to replace the actuators, do you think it is an electrical problem/computer? Or, is it coincidental?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No. We don't use the physical key. We use the electronic alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Lexus?

RX300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am considering fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I sat in the car and locked the drivers door manually. I then hit the lock button. The back passenger lock only twitched, but it did not lock. Same if I try to lock the drivers door lock using the passenger-side lock button.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/17/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 10 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds to me like a very common problem. Electric Door lock solenoids. If the electronic function works any door, the wiring and fuses are all good. I would be inclined to think that you need to have both solenoids replaced in inactive doors.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!

Is the aolonood the same as the actiator?

Yes. There is an electronic solenoid that moves the lock/unlock function. It can be called an actuator in some areas.