Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Had a flat tire. Changed the tire. While changing the tire,

Customer Question
Had a flat tire...

Had a flat tire. Changed the tire. While changing the tire, all of the windows went down on their own but, the car wasn't started. After changing the tire, I tried starting the car and everything went black. Tried boosting the car off and nothing. No lights, no click when trying to start it, nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

I ran over something

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008 Lexus LS460

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I've tried is boosting it off. All of this JUST happened so, I haven't tried anything else. I don't even know what else to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it. I ran over something last night, I was near the house so, I made it home. The tire went completely flat. Got up this morning and the car started just fine. Changed the tire and now it won't start. No lights are on. Completely dead.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/18/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you own a volt meter so we can do some testing?