Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Replaced rear airbag suspension with aftermarket airbag but

Customer Question
the light on the dash...
Replaced rear airbag suspension with aftermarket airbag but the light on the dash will not go off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: How about the sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2004 GX470
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, put after market bags in but the dash lights will not go off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I order a new sensor to delete the old one
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/17/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Do the aftermarket airbags plug into the factory electronic air suspension system or are they stand alone airbags with manual valve or their own pump to operate?

What brand are they

Please remember that I am not there and therefore may need to ask for more information at times

No longer have air bags, replaced with coil springs
These are stand alone coil springs and I do not know the brand name

HI,

Ok, Strutmasters.com sells conversion kits that have the inline resistor to install at the harness connectors that went to the old airbags. You can call them or email them and see if they sell them separately.

If not, then you will need to get 2 variable resistors from a place like Radio Shack and install them inline. The connectors were 2 wire connectors. You cut the connectors and install the resistors between the 2 wires.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager