Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Trunk latch on my 2006 GS300 keeps opening and the volume

Customer Question

Trunk latch on my 2006 GS300 keeps opening and the volume buttons on my steering wheel doesn't function correctly
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: yes, i figured it is electrical because the sunroof doesn't always work either
JA: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the battery, was looking for a new latch until the other stuff started happening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Sunroof diag and repair not in person is not my thing. I rarely have good results helping customers address those here. I can help on the other 2 concerns though. That okay?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why would my truck latch open on its own after I close it. It does a pause the clicks back open, this happens often.The volume on the stereo, sometimes when I push up volume to go up, it goes down. When I push the down button it goes down.

You radio controls on the steering wheel that is going to be due to a faulty steering wheel switch or the clockspring. As long as you are comfortable doing some electrical tests around the air bag I can assist you there.

The trunk latch concern being it is electronic, most likely it is not fully closing and tripping the sensors within So we need to first off see if an adjustment is needed so the latch and striker are not so tight.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris