Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I just replaced a dead battery and everything lights up but…

Customer Question
I just replaced a...

I just replaced a dead battery and everything lights up but when I press the start button nothing happens. The brake pedal doesn't depress much either. Then all the lights on the dashboard stay lit

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. I opened the fuse box area but didn't pull any out and have no clue one to check

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2012 es 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replacing the battery. It slowly died over the past two days. I took it out and had it checked and it had no charge at all. I couldn't even jump start it. Now the battery is not the problem and I suspect I'll be getting it towed to a dealer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/16/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

are you able to move the battery cables at all? and when you installed the cables and pulled them off in what order did you do that

I removed then neg cable first from the dead battery and replaced the negative terminal first on the new battery

you may have blown a fuse you always want to go back positive the negative, I would check your fuses do you have a volt meter or test light for testing?

Lexus Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

hows it coming?