Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

THE RADIO IN MY 2008 LS460 QUIT. WHEN THE RADIO IS TURNED ON

THE RADIO IN MY 2008 LS460 QUIT. WHEN THE RADIO IS TURNED ON I GET A POP POP
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: ABOUT A WEEK IT ALSO OCCURS WHEN THE STARTER BUTTON FOR THE ENGINE IS USED. IT SEEMS TO COME FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE DASH. THE STATION DIAL FUNCTIONS
JA: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE NOT TRIED ANYTHING BUT PUSHING ALL OF THE BUTTONS AND RADIO CONTROLS. I WOULD LIKE TO FIX IT IF POSSABLE.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: AFTER THE 2 POPPING SOIUNDS THERE IS NO MORE NOISE.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, do you know if yours has a separate amplier? If not, it is located at right rear of trunk floor behind the trim panels

I need to know this so I can pull the correct schematics

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do not see where anything could be behind the panel . by the way the radio worked one time this morning and then the pop pop noise
when I tried to turn it on again. this has happened a couple of times since it started giving trouble.

HI,

Ok, that narrows it down. Either a loose or chafed wire at the audio unit connector or internal fault in the audio unit. So you will need to remove the audio unit and check connector for loose or chafed wiring and repair. If ok, then replace audio unit. Directions are attached to remove the audio unit

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.