Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have tried every combination of trying to reset the window

Hi Folks
I have tried every combination of trying to reset the window switches on my 2007 Lexus RX350. I've tried lowering the windows half way and raising and holding the switches for one second and 12 seconds and so on. They absolutely will not reset. Each window operates individually but not from the drivers master. I have studied all suggestions and tried them all.Would you have anything more in the way of help? I happen to be an old retired garage owner/mechanic, this makes it even more frustrating!Thanks, Jerry

Good morning,

Let's see what's going on with this window switch. Are you seeing any blinking lights on the window switches?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had the switches blinking but they have all stopped blinking at this stage.

You may need to disconnect the battery, cross the cables together for about 1 minute and then hook them back up like normal to get the system to reset.

Then you should do the following:

1. Operate each window from the respective switch. From full up roll the window all the way down and then all the way back up. At this time, the driver’s door power window switch illumination blinks.

2. Push the driver’s door power window
switch and lower the window halfway.

3. Pull up the driver’s door power window switch until the window closes, and continue to hold it up for more than one second. At this time, the driver’s door power window switch changes from blinking
to constant illumination.

4. Check for the proper operation of the one-touch open and close function by fully pushing the switch down once and fully pulling the switch up once.

5. Repeat steps 2 – 4 on each door’s
power window switch.

6. Check that each door’s power window
switch light is on.

If you follow these steps and it still doesn't work then you may need to test and replace the master switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When you say cross cables together, are you saying disconnect both pos. and neg. and then connect both cables together for one minute?

Yes exactly. This forces all modules to reboot. You could also disconnect the cables and leave them off for about 6 hours or so and accomplish the same thing, but the 1 minute cable cross is much quicker.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jared I went thru this procedure totally, still does not work. By the way, I have already replaced the master switch. I did this one of the first things out. What next?

Did all of the lights seem to blink like they were supposed to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I recall, the drivers switch was blin*****, *****'t think the passenger switches were blinking before reset

If the lights aren't blinking like they should then there is either a wiring issue somewhere or a BCM problem.

I would probably reset everything and try again and see if the lights are blinking.

Also, you might need to get your hands on a scan tool that can tell you what the signal from the switches are showing. If you hit the switch and it doesn't show on the scan tool then the bcm is likely bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, I'll run thru everything this afternoon, I am in the middle of another landscaping project. I do have a scanner and I checked for codes this morning and there were none but I didn't hit switches with it so will also try that and let you know

Sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jared, I am back on the Lexus. I disconnected battery cables again and jumped them together for 3 to 5 minutes. Reconnected them, all window switches are now blinking. Ran each window down and back up, holding the switch up for a couple seconds, lights stop blinking then on each door. I then went to each window and rolled down half way and back up and held the switches a couple seconds longer. The one touch down and up works on all. Still, the master does nothing on pass. doors. I put on scanner and it shows nothing at all when hitting switches. One thing not sure of, my scanner says MIL Status is off. I'll wait for more response. Thanks, Jerry
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, I just noticed that the power door locks on master switch also does not work. The remote does work locks

Let me look at the wiring diagram and see if something stands out that might make the door lock switch not work either. If you move the driver door back and forth while trying the switches will it work? Sometimes the wires in the door jamb will fray and lose connection intermittently.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jared I have tried moving the door and no luck. The wiring is inside a rubber boot, the car has always been garaged in Colorado so no extreme climate to destroy wiring. You had mentioned the BCM and I read up on that a bit. It sounds like the door locks also run thru that module. If we were to land on that BMC as the culprit, can you give me the location.

I still think something is going on with the master switch or maybe one of the connectors on the back of the master switch. It just seems like something is faulty in that switch.

The BCM - Toyota calls it a body ecu- is under the left side of the dash.

Please let me know if you need additional info.