Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Are you familiar with lexus hatch for trunk, It wont close.

Customer Question
Are you familiar with...

Are you familiar with lexus hatch for trunk

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It wont close. Top part seems to be ok. I press with screwdriver and light turns off. when I try to close, it wont close.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2010 lexus hs250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I opened the bottom part. all looks good but dont know why it wont close

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/13/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Have you got a circuit tester and or a multi-meter to do some tests? Are you going to tackle this yourself?

There is a tech tip from Lexus on this issue.

Condition:

Customer complains that the Power

Back Door will not close at times.

Cause:

Possible cause is internal malfunction in one of t

he two Power Back Door Jam Protection Sensors.

Suggestion:

If this condition occurs, use TDT to

view Power Back Door Scan Tool

Data List. Check to see if the

one or both of the Power Back Door

Jam Protection Sensors shows

“ON”

. If this is the case,

replace defective sensor:

84260-48020 LH

84260-48010 RH