Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Well it started honking, I thought the key was working, but…

Customer Question
Well it started honking...

Well it started honking, I thought the key was working, but when I opened the door and then tried to start the car the electronics flashed and then everything is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No, it was working this morning, so trouble lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2011 250h

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened at my house in the garage. I am doing google searches to figure this out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all I know, but I am not sure where you guys are located, I am in springfield virginia

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/10/2017
Lexus Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few possible causes for this and some testing will be required to determine what is wrong. If the vehicle is now electrically dead then the problem is most likely with the 12v battery, cables or connections, possibly a power distribution issue.

Were you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?