sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2014 Lexus IS250c. The top goes down with out a

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Lexus IS250c. The top goes down with out a problem but yesterday I let the top down drove it to the mall tryed to let the top up it would not make a sound. Drive the car home again tryed to let the top up nothing. Tryed several times last night nothing. I live in a town without a Lexus dealer but has a Toyota dealer. Got up this morning to take the car to the Toyota dealer, got in the car started it up. Tryed the top again. Suprise it went up like nothing was ever wrong. Any suggestions on what is going on
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Lights, everything working jut top wouldn't come up
JA: What is the model of your '14 Lexus?
Customer: 2014 is250c
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not a mechanics. Know nothing about cars. Just wondering what may be going on. My mechanics is out of the country and I don't have s lexus dealer here. Kind of nervous about letting top down
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the top was not working and there was no noise when trying to move it then odds are the module that controls the top has seen an issue and was purposely preventing operation, but it's possible that the issue was with switch signal not being seen.

It ill require some testing to determine what is going on. The Toyota dealer shoudl be able to diagnose it for you if you don't have the means to do it yourself. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see if any fault codes had set. A bad microswitch for instance will usually set a fault code. If no fault codes are set then data will need to be monitored at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is going on. In the mean time I would not recommend putting the top down again until the issue is repaired.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!