lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I have a Lexus 2009 ls460 and I see all the problems of the

Customer Question

I have a Lexus 2009 ls460 and I see all the problems of the squealing noise coming from the breaks while stopping and I have that issue as well, however after stopping and turning the car off you can depress the break and as you let up it has the same noise. Needed advise as what to repair?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Been going on maybe 2 years and has gotten worse as time goes on, since you also hear it after releasing the break peddle just not as loud as when stopping at a complete stop.
JA: What is the model of your '09 Lexus?
Customer: ls460
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is not in warranty so we will have to fix it our self and this is why I have contacted someone we don't know where to start so nothing has been done so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The noise your car has is it when the brake pads are touching the rotor or only when your pedal is changing the height of the brake pedal?

Another way to ask is, if doing 55mph and you apply brakes to stop does it sqeal briefly as the pedal moves or does it continue until stopped if you maintain a set application distance and pressure on the pedal?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris