Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

No "ready" l;ight when I turn the key, car won't start,

Customer Question
No "ready" l;ight when...

No "ready" l;ight when I turn the key, car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Wheel is locked, key is okay, tried the spare key, too.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2008 rx400h

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, can't move it out of the garage, don't know what I might be able to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/9/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Hopefully you got it going, but if not, the first step is checking the battery in the vehicle and the remote battery if a smart key.

If good, then I need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the starting schematics