Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Where does the electrical feed to the heating servo motor in…

Customer Question
Where does the electrical...

Where does the electrical feed to the heating servo motor in the lexus rx300 come from?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Lexus. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I want to replacethe servo motor but if the electrical feed hasno signal, may be its not the motor?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
9/8/2017
Lexus Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what servo motor are you talking about? for the modes or the temperature?

the one that control the temperature, the lower one under the glove compartment

ok, and its not getting power to it?

what year is the vehicle?

no
2003

ok standby and no what?

just wanted to know where electrically the servo motor is connected to? is there a computer chip in the car that connects it for control?

thats the air inlet servo you are talking about. the air mix(temp) servo isnt accessible unless the dash is out

there is an A/C ECU that controls the servos

we got it out after taking out the glove compartment. what is at the other end of the wiring feed? there is no signal, does it mean the computer chip is broken too?
is the ECU a lexus part or is there a after market part?

its a lexus part and part of the combination meter

okay thank you. I guess I will have to go to the dealer.

good luck