Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I just had it inspected to get my new tag & it required a

new gas cap. On...
I just had it inspected to get my new tag & it required a new gas cap. On the way home the VSC light came on. This has never come on before. ?????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why is it on and how do I get it to go off?
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No and no.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2002 SC430
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/21/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you use factory toyota gas cap, or an after market one?

Don't know. Purchased cap from the inspection station.
Would that affect the CDC?
Sorry, the vsc

Yes, the vsc light will come n anytime a code is set, if it was a aftermarket, then this is your problem, they dont seal good, and will cause the light, you need to have a factory Toyota gas cap on these,Tim

Okay. Thank you for your help. However, if we purchase a Toyota gas cap & the light doesn't go off......then what?
Are you there?

I am sorry, I was off when you replied last, if the light was not on before the cap was replaced, then yes, the cap will fix it, we have not had good luck with aftermarket caps on these,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER