Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I replaced rear brake pad three months ago. At that time,

I replaced rear brake pad three months ago. At that time, the mechanic told me front brake pad's life will be three month
and need to replace after three months.
When I step on the brake pedal while driving downhill road , I feel vibration.
There are no warning signal.
Is it dangerous to drive?
Even if front brake pad is worn out, is brake still working?

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The vibration when you brake is most likely due to slightly warped brake rotors. This is common these days when the rotors have a lot of miles on them or a lot of heavy braking is dine repeatedly going down steep hills. The vibration is the pad pressing on the high, then the low spots on the rotor faces. I would recommend you replace the front brake pads and front brake rotors.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks! If you wish to have a live phone conversation with me, I can arrange that for you. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I asked if the front brake pads is worn out and rear brake pad is OK , is brake still working while driving?

I cannot tell you if the front brakes are worn out. That depends on how far you have driven since the rears were replaced. If you have traveled 3,000 miles since the rears were replaced; yes, I would think the fronts are worn and need replaced. The brakes are still working, but the efficiency is compromised by worn brake pads.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I drove only 2000 mile since the rear brakes were replaced. When I drive normal road , it is Ok.
I felt vibration only drove downhill road.

When you brake, going down hills, the rotors heat up due to the friction created by the force being applied by the pads to the rotors. This causes the vibration you feel because the rotors are slightly heat distorted due to age and wear. I would replace the front pads and rotors. The vibration will get much worse if you postpone the replacement.