Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

I took the door panel off..but lost the 3 screws that are…

Customer Question
I took the door...

I took the door panel off..but lost the 3 screws that are right above the door where it closes( the latch ). i went to the hardware store and got some screws that match the thread pattern could this be a reason the latch won't work or is it a bracket I have on wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2001 300rx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes with my friend..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We had to order a new actuator so we took the door panel off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 2 days by:
8/20/2017
Lexus Mechanic: marcpod, Own collision repair advice replied 11 months ago
marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice

Hi there. If you were able to replace the lock actuator and it still does not work, then it must be something else, for instance check wiring power going into the lock actuator. Make sure everything else is good and tight. Use the inside handle to see if the latch opens and closes. Let me know if you have any questions.