Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Telling me I need a new steering column assyble, I thought…

Telling me I need...

Telling me I need a new steering column assyble, I thought it was the brakes are they connected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 rx350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to the dealer $2,700 for part +labor The brake pedal grabs a lilittle at high speeds and I hear something hitting at low speeds like something is loose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

8/16/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you feel the pulsation at the steering wheel or complete car when you use the brakes at high speed?

Only feel it on the brake pad
Pedel not pad

Did they tell you what is the problem with the steering column?

Said the assembly

Do you know if they checked the front brake rotors for been heated up?

They checked the brakes and said they are fine. I thought something was loose heard anoise from the front left when the wheel turns at low speed

Did any fault lights on the dash come on?

No

Any recent repairs performed?

no
It passed NYS inspection they said I could still drive it.

The symptom you are experiencing sound more like a brake rotor, wheel bearing or a worn tie rod than a faulty steering column.

That's what I think.

If you are not checking/fixing it yourself, I will recommend taking it in for a second opinion to a different shop. I have never seen a steering column give the symptoms you are experiencing.

thanks I will
Am I going to be charged monthly now for this site?

Only when you use it.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh