Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I replaced the radiator in 2007 lexus ls 460 now the check

Customer Question
vsc light is on and...
I replaced the radiator in 2007 lexus ls 460 now the check vsc light is on and it will not start
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: have not tried to reset computer, don't know code. how do I reset the computer?
JA: Are you fixing your LS 400 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my husband is trying to fix it. all lights are working. battery has been disconnected ad reconnected.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car will crank but will not stay running
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Lexus
tension pulley was replaced on car as well as serpentine belt. when the pulley broke, car was driven an additional 20 miles. the car shut down and steam came from under the hood. a hole was noticed in the radiator. radiator replaced, car will not crank now.
8/13/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry all others online prior have decided to pass on this question. I have just now gotten caught up and am available to help now or later if help is still needed.

can you help me? Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

I highly doubt a rest is going to fix this. Most likely there is a wire that got damaged, a connector left off during the repair. Possibly associated with the electronic throttle body. We really need a scan tool to see which codes are stored. To do a reset you remove both battery cables, hold them together for 1 minute, then reconnect them 15 minutes later, and retry.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician