Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2001 Rx300: Have check engine and vsc light on- 2001 Rx300:

Customer Question

2001 Rx300: Have check engine and vsc light on-
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: 2001 Rx300: Have engine and vsc light on-occurred shortly after car started. I repared it two years ago.
JA: What is the model of your '01 Lexus?
Customer: rx300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I fixed it repair shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am going to the mechanic today. I can't repare it by myself
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The check engine light comes on to indicate that there is something amiss with the engine management system or the emission control system. If the vehicle is running OK, the issue is most likely an emission component. Sometimes, the VSC light comes on in conjunction with the check engine light to lend importance to the check engine light. Without a scan of the system, and extracting computer diagnostic codes, we cannot tell you exactly what the issue is. That is where a scan at a good repair facility would be your first step in diagnosing this situation. Most auto parts stores offer free scans (so they can sell you their replacement parts).

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!