Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Lexus is 220d 2007 model.. engine is overheating. Coolant is

Customer Question

lexus is 220d 2007 model.. engine is overheating
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: coolant is sprayed all over the engine bay.. nothing left
JA: Are you fixing your IS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no.intend to take it to lexus service nothing.. i have not touched it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause of overheating is a stuck thermostat. This is a reasonably inexpensive repair. It would not be a good idea to drive the vehicle with an overheat condition, as the cylinder head gaskets could become compromised. That would be a very expensive repair. I would recommend towing the vehicle to your Lexus dealer. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks