Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus is 220d 2007 model.. engine is overheating. Coolant is…

Customer Question
Lexus is 220d 2007...

Lexus is 220d 2007 model.. engine is overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Coolant is sprayed all over the engine bay.. nothing left

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No.intend to take it to lexus service nothing.. i have not touched it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Lexus
8/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 8 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause of overheating is a stuck thermostat. This is a reasonably inexpensive repair. It would not be a good idea to drive the vehicle with an overheat condition, as the cylinder head gaskets could become compromised. That would be a very expensive repair. I would recommend towing the vehicle to your Lexus dealer. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert