Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

How much resistance should the brake fluid sensor have in a…

Customer Question
How much resistance should...

How much resistance should the brake fluid sensor have in a 2000 rx300

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Lexus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cancel the request
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. The brake fluid sensor is not a resistor-type sensor. It is a "yes" (direct continuity) or "No" (open circuit) type of sensor. Once the fluid drops below a specific level, the sensor creates a circuit to cause the BRAKE light to illuminate on the instrument panel.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!