Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I accidentally pumped 87 octane in my 08 lexus ls460 - about…

Customer Question
I accidentally pumped 87 octane...
I accidentally pumped 87 octane in my 08 lexus ls460 - about 14 gallons to fill it up. drove about 10 miles to home.how can I remedy this?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
8/3/2017
Lexus Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

You can run it til it is half way empty then fill with premium and run it empty then fill as normal. The computer and knock sensors will compensate for the lower octane and you may feel reduced power, the check engine light might come on but it will all clear once you get back on the high octane. Try to avoid towing if you do that until you get it filled with the premium.

Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Hi, did you have further questions about this?

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician