Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have a 2007 is 250 awd and my AC is not working. The freon…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2007 is 250 awd and my AC is not working. The freon level was realy low so I added freon. The Driver oulets are now releasing cold air but the passanger oulets are released temp air. There is a big difference in the temperature between both set our outlet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

I'm expected a leak. But I,m not sure how to confirm the local of the leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have just recharge the system once yesterday. This morning it's was released cold air on the Driver side not on the passanger side

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
8/2/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Roughly how much freon did you put in?

Hard to said I have a gage with a green zone that say that the system is full? less than a can.
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Was it cooling same on both sides before it went out?

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Usually when one side is cooling and other does not points towards a faulty actuator in the dash. But since both sides were not cooling and one started cooling after putting some freon points towards the sytem been under charged or vac lines need to be vacuumed.

What is regular pression of gas we should read on the gage? How can I diagnostic a faulty actuator in the dash?
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

The high pressure should be between 150-250 psi and low pressure 25-40 psi.

430 ±30 g (15.17 ±1.06 oz.) is the required amount of freon on this vehicle after system has been vacuumed.

To check the actuators they will need to be removed. Attached illustration shows the location of the actuators.

I don't see attached illustration
I'm expecting a leak. Was is the procedure to diagnotis where the leak is located?
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Freon leak check is a visual process and no special procedure is required. Just need to follow the ac lines and check ac components for signs of leak. Incase of a small leak ac dye will need to be put in the sysatem that will make is more visible.

Do you have the graph of the AC system? Big leak are visible and small leak are visible with addition of a dye in the system
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

I'm new to this site. I double check couple of thing on my car tonight. Can I ask other question tomorrow?
Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

No problem. I will leave the chat open if any further questions.

Lexus Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 6 months ago

Good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh