Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

I have a 2007 is 250 awd and my AC is not working. The freon

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 is 250 awd and my AC is not working. The freon level was realy low so I added freon. The Driver oulets are now releasing cold air but the passanger oulets are released temp air. There is a big difference in the temperature between both set our outlet.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: I'm expected a leak. But I,m not sure how to confirm the local of the leak
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have just recharge the system once yesterday. This morning it's was released cold air on the Driver side not on the passanger side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 2 months ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Roughly how much freon did you put in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hard to said I have a gage with a green zone that say that the system is full? less than a can.

Was it cooling same on both sides before it went out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Usually when one side is cooling and other does not points towards a faulty actuator in the dash. But since both sides were not cooling and one started cooling after putting some freon points towards the sytem been under charged or vac lines need to be vacuumed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is regular pression of gas we should read on the gage? How can I diagnostic a faulty actuator in the dash?

The high pressure should be between 150-250 psi and low pressure 25-40 psi.

430 ±30 g (15.17 ±1.06 oz.) is the required amount of freon on this vehicle after system has been vacuumed.

To check the actuators they will need to be removed. Attached illustration shows the location of the actuators.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't see attached illustration
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm expecting a leak. Was is the procedure to diagnotis where the leak is located?

Air door actuator location.

Freon leak check is a visual process and no special procedure is required. Just need to follow the ac lines and check ac components for signs of leak. Incase of a small leak ac dye will need to be put in the sysatem that will make is more visible.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have the graph of the AC system? Big leak are visible and small leak are visible with addition of a dye in the system

Attached is the manufacture provided location of ac components.

Do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm new to this site. I double check couple of thing on my car tonight. Can I ask other question tomorrow?

No problem. I will leave the chat open if any further questions.

Good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.