Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

I have 12v to the fuel pump connector but the fuel pump will

Customer Question
not work JA: Has your car...
I have 12v to the fuel pump connector but the fuel pump will not work
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: Yes and hard starting. I just replaced the pump but its still not working
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2001 lexus rx300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I swappes the horn and fuel pump relay before opening the tank. No avail, so i pulled the pump out of the tank and connected it and it would not buzz. I replaced the pumpwith a new one reconnecred and still no buzz
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
8/1/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Ok

ok, did you check the ground side of the connector?? you have power and a new pump but if you have no ground, it will not work

Roy

Which side is the ground i checked the outside connector which i assumed was the ground, but i have no voltage coming through the connector in the sending unit cap where the main connector is

what wire did you verify voltage to the pump???

The white 4 spade connector to the sending unit

trying to get a diagram

Nevermind it works. Didnt know the pump only work during koer. I was expecting a priiming buzz

2 seconds only

lexpert
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech