Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

A while back my driver window wouldn't go up. Changed the…

Customer Question
Hi! A while back...

Hi! A while back my driver window wouldn't go up. Changed the master window switch and it works fine, but a few months after both of the passanger doors & windows won't work. The fron and rear passenger windows won't come up or down, also both locks won't with key, only manually. They have changed the window motor and the modulator and they still won't work. Fuses have been checked and they're ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, one behind the coin thing and the other one under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

Rx300 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, only what i mentioned in the first comment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 day by:
8/2/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

We need to do some electrical testing, do you own a volt meter?

i do not

Since you do not have the tool to diagnose this. Let me know what you want from me so I get you the answer you expect?

how else can i see what is wrong?

There are 2 ways to resolve issues. You can diagnose what is wrong then fix the issue with the correct parts needed or you can try different parts till the issue is resolved.

I want to diagnose, then fix the issue. I am borrowing a volt meter tonight, what's next?

Using these diagrams.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2di89vm4yrmxf9/rxwin.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80bcnnqbdjwj7zw/rlocks.pdf?dl=0

Can you access the drivers door master switch and confirm it is getting power and ground?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

i'm not sure what am I supposed to do with the diagram? I dont understand it, I am able to take out the master switch, my driver and rear window do work. what is the volt meter for or how to I use it?

Have you ever used a volt meter?

no

I am sorry the value on this question just does not support all the electrical testing you need to do as well as teaching someone how to use a volt meter and become component in automobile electronics. I will opt out and let another assist you.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician