Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Locked my Lexus key in the trunk, yes it happened to me

Customer Question

locked my Lexus key in the trunk
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: yes it happened to me before and I had a Master Mechanic come to my house he ran a cable from the battery the trunk release
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 1999 lexus gs400
JA: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I removed the panel to have access to the back of the trunk release the anti theft is active so I disconnected my
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: battery
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello

potentially you can fold down the rear seats and crawl into the trunk to recover your keys?

either that or you can run 12v to Either the black or the blue wire on the back of the switch may pop the trunk if 12v is applied to it so once you remove that panel all you need is a wire long enough to reach the battery.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you