lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

There is no sound coming from my radio nor is sound from my

Customer Question

There is no sound coming from my radio nor is sound from my noozle that changes menu on screen display. It shows what's playing and everything is clear, except there's no sound and when I attempt to turn volume up and down there's nothing - no numbers showing sound level
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the vehicle Lexus IS(###) ###-####
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I turned off my vehicle and on again that's about it nothing is working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My radio was working two days ago I turned it off went inside my home.. the next morning I got nothing
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

is it lighting up ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
everything lights up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No sound or clicking from speakers at all

ok have you removed the battery cables and touched them together yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No should I try that ? I have someone with me who is able to do so soon

ok yes try that and if that dosent work we have to pull the radio and check the connector