Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My VCS system check is on and engine light is on. Also the

Customer Question

my VCS system check is on and engine light is on. Also the yellow light with skid marks is on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: no blinking
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2008 lexus 460 ls
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do nlt fix my vehicle myself
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

These lights coming on indicate a fault has been detected with one of the vehicles stability/traction control or engine components.There are several sensors and components that can act up and causes this fault here so what has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

This can be done by any shop or dealer as they can read out and diagnose the codes as well as repair the fault for a fee.In some places a local parts store may read out the fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

But this has to be done to locate the cause of these lights so it can then be repaired,then the same scan tool used to clear out the codes that had set after the repair is done and this will then turn off these lights.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete