lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I need to replace #17 for the cigarette lighter and the arm

Customer Question

I need to replace #17 for the cigarette lighter and the arm rest socket in a 2004 GS300. Where do I get a new one and are there any extras in the panel?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Lexus GS300. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I was plugging in a Garmin transmitter for a backup camera to test it and it must have drawn too much current (15A)!
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I meant to say fuse #17 in the drivers side panel. Is there another fuse and/or panel I should test?
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

I would pull the connector and make sure your getting power and ground on the back side of that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I confirmed that the sockets had no power with a voltmeter but have not pulled the socket to inspect the back. I know that can be a problem also. I simply was going to inspect the fuse first. Good thought.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The power to the socket went out suddenly when I was testing a transmitter for a back up camera. I assume it pulled too much current.

Fuse locations are a bit funny, I would check all of them with the multimeter and see if you have any out,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do. I think I know where CIG is located but will look around. Thanks for your help. Signing off.

Sounds good let me know what happens