lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

My wife's 2008 Lexus RS 350 VCS light has come on and her

Customer Question

Hello, My wife's 2008 Lexus RS 350 VCS light has come on and her engine is making a funny noise like shuddering or something. Also the red oil light came on and we just had the oiled changed two weeks ago. What could be the problem and what could I tell her to do. She is out of town traveling for work.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: VCS light and red check oil light
JA: What is the model of your '08 Lexus?
Customer: RS 350...I put that in my initial question
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is this just a computer bot
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have her check the oil level and if it is ok and there are no engine noises go have a scan at the local auto parts store to see what codes are in the car