sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

My radio, LCD display, and some lights do not come on. All

Customer Question

My radio, LCD display, and some lights do not come on. All fuses are good.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes. I checked all the fuses for continuity with multimeter and also visually checked radio 1 and 2, panel, and dome fuses.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 01 rx300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I sent the vehicle to Toyota dealership and another car shop. They said they could not find any reason for no power. So I bought a new radio and LCD, installed myself...still not working.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions to better help you. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Other then the radio illumination what other lights do not work? Do the gauge lights work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's it. Everything works except for radio, display screen, and interior dome lights.

If all fuses are ok then I would suspect the dimmer switch may be faulty , did they check or try another one of those?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No they did not. How do I check if summer switch is bad? Also how would dinner switch effect the radio not turning on when pressing power button?

oh I thought it was just an illumination problem, sorry . If the radio is not turning on and if all fuses and I am assuming they checked them properly. I would suspect the power head is faulty.Did you have any work done on the dash or any accessories installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No work done. Just one day it all stopped working. Dome lights, radio, LCD screen. I didn't even realize the dome lights weren't working until I researched the issue after pulling the fuses. I saw others say their dome lights weren't working either. That's when I noticed.

this is too hard to diagnose over the internet , I would need hands on so will opt out so another one may shed some light on this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?