Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

How do you reset the TPMS light on a 2015 Lexus RC 350 F

Customer Question
Sport? I took it to...
How do you reset the TPMS light on a 2015 Lexus RC 350 F Sport? I took it to lexus and they put new tires on the car yet the TPMS light is still on. I pressed the button underneath the steering wheel that the manual said was the TPMS reset and I've driven over 100 miles yet it stays on and flashes when I turn the car on before staying solid.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Lexus
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/24/2017
Lexus Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and ready to help. when you pushed that button was the car on and did the tire light blink 3 times?

Hello Peter, I've tried several ways with the car on and with the car off. With the TPMS settings on while driving and just pushing the button while driving and parked. Disconnecting the battery (negative) and nothing works. Lexus just put a new set of tires on the car. I did replace the valve stem caps with regular caps. i don't know if that has something to do with it but I wouldn't think so.
I'm still waiting to hear back on my audio system that mysteriously stopped working today. That's a more pressing issue as I will have to take it to Lexus to repair if I can't solve the problem.

Ok thanx for that info, usually if every thing is ok that light goes off itself after driving for awhile , how long did you drive it after tires installed?

100 miles

the other possibilities if the tire pressures are not even and to spec, they will also trigger it to stay on, check the spare as well. Unfortunately the other tests require the use of a scanner that reads the tire sensors and if they are registering or not. In this case the shop should do that for free if the system was working prier to tire installation.As they may have damaged a sensor or you may have a lazy sensor that is not responding to re-inflating those tires. Hope this helps you understand that problem. Let me know if you still need advice or help as I work for a 5 star rating.

Ok thank you. Are you also handling my question regarding my audio bot working in the same car?

I don't believe so

Other then doing a simple fuse check I wouldn't advise doing anything more for that as it is very complicated and hard to get to to do checks.

do you have power getting up to the unit at all?

Okay, thank you.

let me know what the shop finds , pretty sure it will be either inflation or sensor problem

Everything works and turns on. Nav connects, bluetooth connects, sat and radio. There just isn't any volume. Even the setting to try to adjust bass, treble or fade are grayed out and doesn't allow you to adjust but everything else works.

that could be either the amp or head and requires extensive testing .

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician