Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

My certified Lexus repair shop has not put in two different

Customer Question
Lexus remanu/rebuilt transmissions and I...
my certified Lexus repair shop has not put in two different Lexus remanu/rebuilt transmissions and I still have the same issue - that's two in less than 6 months! VSC light and headlight leveling light comes on and then motor will just rev when gas accelerated. Last week they swore it was because they failed to tighten down the transmission harness and sensors properly but 7 days later I now have the same problem.
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: My bet is that they have. Last week they said that there was no code that came up, they could not re-create the problem but agreed that it wasn't right....that's when they dropped the transmission again and re-set and tightened harness and sensors.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2001 430LS with 145,000 miles.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO! Always taken to certified Lexus repair shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that it.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Lexus
7/24/2017
Lexus Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 3 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if they replaced the wiring harness also or just the transmission.

My understanding is that they just re-installed the harness and then when it happened again last week, they tightened the harness and told me that the wires had too much slack and so the sensors were not secure.
Please see above response to your question........I'm awaiting a response.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If it was initially smashed between the transmission and the engine then the harness needs to be replaced. The wiring and signal wires on this vehicle can be easily damaged causing the sensors to not read correctly. There is no reason why they should not replace the entire thing.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician