Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Wont start securtiy light keeps blinking while trying to

Customer Question

wont start securtiy light keeps blinking while trying to start
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: blink
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: no how do I do that its a 2001 RX300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I tried to recharge the battery \Closed all the doors locked the vehicle waited 1 minute and unlocked the vehicle and tried to start. I do not here the fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I changed the key fob yesterday would that cause an issue?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answerm y name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. Is the battery original and have you had it load tested? are you trying to start it with that new fob? Did you program that new fob?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Answer to your first question is I had the battery charger on to avoid the battery becoming drained when starting it. Answer to your second question is, The key fob was just a shell.. I took the guts out of the old one and placed into the shell with the same key. I then took out the guts from the the shell and attempted to start with same issue cranks but does not turn over.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the security light is flashing it means the computer does not recognize the key, have you tries a spare key yet?