Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have 2007 GX470 with 174,000 miles. It has a surge when I

Customer Question

Hi I have 2007 GX470 with 174,000 miles. It has a surge when I start off at stop sign, traffic light. But runs great afterwards. I have had it serviced regularly. I have only run premium gas. Do you think I put some gas cleaner in the gas tank would help.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: When I am driving and I stop at traffic light(red light) and start off it surges (stalls).
JA: What is the model of your '07 Lexus?
Customer: GX 470
JA: Are you fixing your GX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No,I had mechanic to check my Lexus, He is not Lexus mechanic, But he did run several computer test. The test showed nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. With 174,000 miles on it, it is very likely you have some carbon buildup is various places in the engine. Fuel injector cleaner would be a very good idea, but, you need a cleaned to remove carbon in addition to cleaning the injectors. The absolute BEST product that we have found is a chemical manufactured by the BG company. You need to find and purchase a couple cans of this product: BG 44-K. Add one can to a full tank of gas and run the vehicle, using as much fuel as you can mileage wise (the product loses strength if it sits). The fill the tank and add the other can. There is a link to find the nearest BG retailer closest to you; just follow the onscreen instructions: https://www.bgprod.com/find-a-shop/

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks! If you wish to have a live phone conversation with me, I can arrange that for you. Thanks again.